Borden Grammar School’s Design Technology held an exhibition to display and celebrate the work of GCSE and A Level students recently on 11 May 2017.
Local business man Gordon Thompson, from Chemidose Independent, led the panel of judges who included the Headteacher, Mr Hopkins and the Vice Chair of Governors, Mrs Herbert.
Borden was very grateful to Chemidose Independent for supporting the exhibition and sponsoring prizes to the top boys in each year group. The prize winners were:
- Overall winner: Jake Harrison – who can be seen in the photograph along with Gordon Thompson.
- Year 13 highest achiever: Taylor Hendey; highly recommended was Tahmid Zaman.
- Year 12 highest achiever: Kieron Price; highly recommended was Ross Hollister.
- Year 11 highest achiever: Will Tumber; highly recommended was Harry Henderson –Park.
- Teacher awards went to the following Year 11 students: Luke Hall, Jack Brown and Louis Mantle.
Design Technology teacher, Ms Newbury commented that ‘the event was well attended by both family and friends of the school. In particular we appreciated the positive feedback for the boys on their achievements which no doubt will inspire current KS3 students hoping to opt for the subject in the future.’